Monday, January 9, 2012

Announcing The Amundson Institute!

In 2000, my predecessor Delegate Kris Amundson started her Young Leaders Program in partnership with Cox Communications.  The program introduced some of the top students from 44th District high schools to state government to encourage them to continue their involvement in the state and their community.

A few of her prior classes were covered in the media:


After I was elected, I decided to continue the program and we had six students from West Potomac High School and Mt. Vernon High School participate.  All of them had a great experience and had very memorable experiences and they were also covered by the local media:


The program is such a success and such a good idea, I decided that it needs a better name and I could not think of a better person to name it after other than it's founder.  Starting this year, we are going to call this program The Amundson Institute in honor of Former Delegate Kris Amundson. 

I am still accepting applications for this session.  If you have questions, please send me an email at scottsurovell@gmail.com or if you are ready to apply, click on the link below.



No comments:

Post a Comment