Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow Plowing Follow Up

During Snowmageddon, Snowpocalyse, or my favorite - Snowvechkin - VDOT was confronted with the most significant plowing situation that Northern Virginia has probably ever seen.

Overall, I thought that VDOT, Dominion Power, and Cox Communications, did a decent job working through the worst situation we have ever seen. However, many constituents called in to my office with problems regarding streets getting plowed incorrectly, being plowed very late, or not being plowed at all. I received several suggestions regarding areas that should have priority for plowing.

Many other Northern Virginia delegates heard complaints as well. Therefore, several of us signed a letter urging Secretary Sean Connaughton to have a meeting with us to discuss ideas as to how VDOT can do a better job next time.

If you have any additional thoughts, comments or ideas for me, please send me an email at DelSSurovell@house.virginia.gov.

No comments:

Post a Comment