Friday, March 18, 2011

Mt. Vernon Redistricting Blast From the Past

My parents tell me that since I was a toddler I had a fascination with railroads and where railroads used to run. My grandmother used to also tell me stories about the old Mount Vernon Trolley although I'm not sure she ever saw it because it was torn up in 1933.

In 2001, the Mount Vernon Gazette ran a series of articles on the trolley and I cut them out and saved them. I was looking at them a couple weeks ago and noticed this Editorial below on the back of one of the articles from April 19, 2001.

I thought it was interesting given that we are about to go into redistricting in about two weeks.

April 2001 Gazette Redistricting Editorial

All of this just goes to show why bipartisan or nonpartisan redistricting would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment