Monday, January 23, 2012

Demanding Action on Transportation

Last week, I gave a floor speech on the status of new transportation funding and the consequences for us in Northern Virginia. Many of the solutions discussed involve funding options that will never be available to fund U.S. 1 improvements because it is not a road that can be tolled.

Earlier this year, I asked the Departmnent of Motor to get me the number of pedestrian accidents on or near U.S. 1. So far they have only been able to get me the data since January 1, 2009.

7 Fatalities
55 Pedestrian Injurires

I cannot imagine that there is another stretch of road in Virginia that is more dangerous to pedestrians.

I gave this floor speech on last week to bring attention to this and the lack of transportation funding in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment