Monday, June 10, 2013

U.S. 1 Multimodal Study To Begin!

In the 2013 General Assembly Session, Senator Puller and I secured $2 million for the U.S. 1 Multimodal Transportation Study in the 2013 amendments to the 2013-14 Biennial Budget.  This study will analyze and recommend the appropriate mode of transit from I-495 to the Occoquan along U.S. 1.

For current information about the project, I have created this link to the official webpage maintained by the Department of Rail and Public Transit:


If you would like to see more information about where things stand on U.S. 1, I have created a page on my official website here:


This study is the first legally required step to improve U.S. 1 between Woodlawn and I-495.  It is great news.

The Governor's Press Release is below the flip:


1 comment:

  1. Great work Scott. Thanks for your leadership in this most vital issue.

    ReplyDelete