Saturday, July 10, 2010

U.S. 1 Funding Inches Closer

Late last year, Congressman Moran secured $150 million of federal earmarks to widen U.S. 1 and improve the I-95 Newington Interchange to help mitigate impacts from the influx of traffic that is coming from the Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) changes.

I wrote about this on this blog and in the Mount Vernon Gazette here:


I also wrote a letter to the Secretary of the Army asking him to consider my views on how this money should be invested within the U.S. 1 corridor. You can read my letter to the Secretary here:


At one point in December, 2009, these funds were also held up by a filibuster. I wrote about that here.

This funding is currently on the verge of passing, but is wrapped up with other controversial provisions. The legislation is set to be debated by the U.S. Senate next week. I wrote a letter to our U.S. Senators below.

I would encourage everyone in Mount Vernon to write to our U.S. Senators to push this legislation through.

Warner-Webb US 1 7-10-10

No comments:

Post a Comment