Since that time, we have achieved much together:
- I have brought back over $300 million in new funding for Fairfax, Prince William and Stafford County's public schools since 2009.
- Worked with Senator Toddy Puller to secure $2 million for the U.S. 1 Multimodal Transit Alternatives Analysis which recommended extending the Yellow Line to Hybla Valley and bus rapid transit to Woodbridge
- Fought the expansion of predatory lending on U.S. 1
- Repealed Virginia's wrong-headed $100 tax on hybrid vehicles with Senator Adam Ebbin
- Expanded mental health services at Virginia's community colleges.
- Led the fight to make texting while driving a primary offense
- Passed legislation to allow parents to protect children from identity theft.
As reported by the Washington Post today, I am taking the steps necessary to succeed Senator Puller in the 36th District of the Virginia State Senate.
Southeastern Fairfax County, Southeastern Prince William County and Northern Stafford County all share U.S. 1 and have similar challenges. Working together, we can:
- Extend the Yellow Line and Blue Lines to Hybla Valley and Dumfries, and install bus rapid transit to Woodbridge to connect communites and create communities capable of sustaining our schools, growing elderly population and high quality of life.
- Fund our schools, give our teachers competitive salaries and keeping college affordable.
- Provide a computer to every public school student to prepare them for the 21st Century economy.
- Providing healthcare to the nearly 8,000 people in the 36th District who would benefit from the expansion of Virginia's Medicaid System.
- Fight the scourge of predatory lending preying on U.S. 1's less fortunate.
- Create real 21st Century economy by making solar power and energy efficient technology the fasting growing employers of Northern Virginia.
- Focusing on jobs, infrastructure and high quality support for our veterans given our proximity to Fort Belvoir and Quantico.
I also need your help.
Virginia Law prohibits me from fundraising during our session, but you can do two things.
First, you can sign my petition to show that you support my campaign for state senate and spread it around social media.
Second, you can sign up to volunteer on my campaign.
Click on both buttons below to act!