Monday, February 20, 2017

2017 Fairfax County Town Hall Videos and Recap

On February 11, I had approximately 200 Fairfax County residents attend my Mount Vernon Town Hall held at the Walt Whitman Middle School and my Lee District Town Hall held at Hayfield Elementary School, both in Alexandria. I was joined by Senator Adam Ebbin and Delegate Paul Krizek in Mount Vernon.  In Lee District, I was joined by Senator George Barker, Delegate Mark Sickles, Delegate Krizek, and Delegate Vivian Watts.

At these events, I spoke in detail on my legislative goals, the status of my introduced legislation and answered questions from attendees.
Senator Surovell at Hayfield Elementary


Some of the topics of discussion were:

Supporting our Immigrant Communities
Coal Ash/Water Quality Issues
LGBTQ Rights
Environmental Concerns
Public Education Funding 
                                Mental Health Funding

There was excellent turnout and good question from the attendees.

If you were in able to attend, check out videos of the town halls below! You will be able to learn about my legislative agenda in-depth, the 2017 General Assembly legislative session, and hear your community's questions!

Mount Vernon:

Lee District:






No comments:

Post a Comment